Colden 12/21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colden 12/21

Thanks to five people ahead of me, the trail to Colden is in great shape. All told, there were eight or so of us on Colden today.

Junctions: the trail looked good to Algonquin, and a few were signed in for it. Van Ho had its share of traffic, naturally. Nobody had ventured past Lake Arnold in a while, it appears, as the trail toward Feldspar was totally unbroken. At least one person headed toward Avalanche Lake. When I was on the Colden summit, nobody had taken the trail to Lake Colden. My footsteps and those before me today all stopped on the south end of the summit.

There is no shortage of snow out there.
    46/46 11/46W

Out there clocking miles! So was this the completion of your first round or? Could swear your signature the other day on your Basin report said 45/46 and is now at 46/46. If so, congratulations.

Comment

• NickWI
      NickWI commented
      Editing a comment
      It did, thanks for noticing! I wrapped it up today. Such fun times.

• salt
      salt commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely, congratulations!

Congratulations from another Colden finisher!
    ADK 46/46W, Grid 237/552
    Photos & Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by salt View Post
      Out there clocking miles! So was this the completion of your first round or? Could swear your signature the other day on your Basin report said 45/46 and is now at 46/46. If so, congratulations.
      From another thread...

Originally posted by NickWI
      My plan is Colden. If successful, it will be my 11th winter summit and 46th overall. It's looking to be cold but very manageable winds and clear skies.
      Big congrats on your finish!

Comment

Congratulations!!
        #8335W, Solo 46W
        NE 111 113/115

One list may be done, but the journey is far from over...
        Half Dome, 2009

Comment

Lol I was one off the guys ahead of you, what an awesome view (see attached).

Edit: Woah, congrats on the 46er finish, you should have told us!
          Attached Files

Comment

• NickWI
            NickWI commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! And thanks for leaving me a great trail to finish on! I talked to the solo woman, and she said the four of you broke all that out? Was that all the way from Marcy Dam?

• Kitsune_Soba
            Kitsune_Soba commented
            Editing a comment
            We had a nice trail to Marcy Dam, a decent trail another mile up to the split between the Avalanche Lake and Lake Arnold Trails, and then nothing after that. But I can't really take credit, One guy in our group opted to break trail pretty much the entire day and it certainly wasn't me.

Congratulations on completing your 46! Are you actively working on the winter list too?
          We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing ~ Satchel Paige

Comment

• NickWI
            NickWI commented
            Editing a comment
            Actively, no, but I'm going to start thinking about how I'd do it. The Dixes, Sewards and stuff like Cliff and Redfield must be beasts in the winter. I'm toying with the idea of using this winter to explore winter camping. I enjoy a nice winter hike.

Ha! Brian and I also did Colden on 12/21. Thanks to the SIX people ahead of us the trail was in great shape. We talked to a (dispersed) group of 4 guys and two solo women. Think we must have talked to you?

Congrats on your finish!

Comment

• NickWI
            NickWI commented
            Editing a comment
            We must have crossed paths! I'm trying to remember who I saw while descending and forget the groups. I remember two guys taking a break at Lake Arnold as I was heading out?

• Kitsune_Soba
            Kitsune_Soba commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh hey, we met pretty close to Lake Arnold, I was the guy who was well behind the other three in my group.

Congratulations!

Looking for Views!

Comment

• NickWI
            NickWI commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I'm excited about finding what's next. Grid: no. Winter or NE111? Maybe.

• Trail Boss
            Trail Boss commented
            Editing a comment
            Whatever you choose as your next goal ... keep sending me updates for OpenStreetMap.

Congrats on finishing the regular 46 in winter

Comment

Working...
          X