DEC trail condition report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEC trail condition report

I just received the DEC's Current Conditions in the High Peaks Region Compiled on October 26, 2017. It appears as if many of the reports are very old; how often are they updated?
    Mike

ADK 46r #8003; 6W
    2nd round: 16
    SL6r #596
    Catskill 3500 21/39; 11W

I find the "current conditions" section reasonably up to date, but the "notices" section not so much. For example, the bridge over Slide Mountain Brook on the Phelps trail was rebuilt this past spring, but as recently as Oct 4 the notice still indicated the bridge was out. My favourite though was this notice that had been pasted into every report for a very long time...Lake Arnold/Feldspar Brook Trail: The trail is flooded and the bog bridging cannot be crossed. Alternate routes using other trails in the area can be used to avoid the trail. DEC is working to find a permanent solution to this section of trail in the near future. This notice finally changed a couple of months ago to...Lake Arnold/Feldspar Brook Trail: The trail is wet and muddy, but passable. The conditions, however, have not changed. I suspect it means that DEC is no longer looking for a permanent solution in the near future.

Comment

All will be extremely wet after the next 2 days. Today will be a keeper though

Comment

Working...
      X