Great Range

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Range

After completing my 46th mountain on July 18th, I now have the liberty to choose any hike I desire. I already began my second round of the 46 late last week with a Porter/Cascade/Nye/Street hike. The only interesting thing that happened was when my hiking partner, Paul, fell into Indian Pass Brook, TWICE!!! My journey yesterday however, warrants a trip report...

It wasn't until late Wednesday night when I decided to go on a hike on Thursday. The weather report looked hot, but precipitation free, so I decided to go on a long endurance trip. I packed my gear, food, and water as fast as I could, and didn't leave my house until 11pm Wednesday night. Before leaving, my dad asked, "Why do you continue to hike up there? You've already completed your 46er quest." He doesn't understand my new passion. I absolutely love the High Peaks region, this would be a trip just for the fun of it. I believe that it is the greatest place east of the Mississippi

Originally posted by peterjack View Post
    "Why do you continue to hike up there? You've already completed your 46er quest."
    For many, completing the 46 is just the intro. Now that you've been introduced to the area you can drill down and really get to know it.

Comment

Working...
    X