Big Slide and Winter 46 finish 3/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Slide and Winter 46 finish 3/19

My hiking partner and I saved Big Slide for our Winter 46er finish because of it's relatively easy trail and amazing views. Mother nature cooperated in the best way imaginable with new snow (nicely trekked out of course - Thanks!), bright sunny skies, and warm temps.

This morning we made the familiar predawn trip north to meet up with a couple friends for a quick breakfast. After a short drive to the Garden the four of us were on the trail for a leisurely 8am start. The day warmed up super quick and we were able to do most of the climbing in T-Shirts - a welcome change from a windy sub-zero start a couple weeks ago,

Knowing the day would be a short one, we took a leisurely pace and enjoyed the trail and views from the 3 brothers. Ran into a fellow forum member on the way up (nice to meet you Salt) and summited before 10:30. A warm sunny day with bluebird skies gave us plenty of time to enjoy the empty summit and to toast the accomplishment. The return trip was filed with as much butt sliding as the trail would allow.

Stopped for a quick lunch on the way home and then I continued the celebration with a much deserved nap on the couch.

Congratulations to both of you! Good choice of peak and weather. Great to chat with you last month at Times Square.

Hope to see you out there sometime again.

Comment

Congratulations from another winter '17 finisher!
      ADK 46/46W, Grid 232/552
      Photos & Stuff

Comment

Congratulations! It still must have been a serious trek with all the new snow; bravo to you both!

Comment

Congratulations. It was a great day to hike, and especially to finish.

Comment

Congratulations to you and your friend!
            Looking for Views!

Comment

congratulations. a well deserved nap I am sure.

Comment

Congratulations on your finish
                Don

Comment

Nice job! That's one of my favorites - feels good to finish doesn't it?!
                  46R (#7146) ADK, 46W
                  48 (NH 4000) + winter
                  NE 115 (#706)
                  NE Winter 115 (#82)

Comment

• MAlexander
                    MAlexander commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It feels good that my map can become my "to do list" again.
                Working...
                X