Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another quickie...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another quickie...

So everyone knows I'm alive...

I traversed Seward this morning...

When I first climbed Seward the path up from the Ward Brook/Blueberry side was certainly the front side and Calkins the backside. Now it seems Calkins is the front side and the old path the backside? Anyhow, I went up the backside and down the backside. Or maybe it was up the backside and down the front side? Up the front side and down the front side? Up front, down back?

I went up from the north. The old front side. The new backside. It took about 2h40m to get to the top. I went down Calkins. The new front side. The old backside. It took 2h10m. I did jog a little when I got down to the road. I don't know how long the route is? I'd guess between twelve and thirteen miles. I might start carrying a gps so that a day like today is fourteen or fifteen miles...

So, for DougV. The route took 4h50m.

And for the scientists. I drank two thirds of a liter of diluted gatorade. I didn't eat during the hike but had two eggs, a coffee with cream and sugar, and a twelve ounce can of seltzer water on the drive up...
    This post is for entertainment purposes only.

Originally posted by Rik View Post
    So everyone knows I'm alive...
    And for the scientists. I drank two thirds of a liter of diluted gatorade. I didn't eat during the hike but had two eggs, a coffee with cream and sugar, and a twelve ounce can of seltzer water on the drive up...
    Heart rate? Pulse? Rectal Temp?
    Firetowers - 29/29
    46ers - 4/46

Comment

Front side - back side, who cares. Taking some liberty with the words of Tom Lehrer,
      "Life is like the Sewards, what you get out of them depends on what you put into them"
      Enjoying the journey with my favorite hiking partner.
      Please visit ADKGurl's Blog: 46-High-Peaks

Comment

Originally posted by Jack7957 View Post
        Heart rate? Pulse? Rectal Temp?
        No clue. Last time I hiked Seward I had much better company. A nurse. Today was just me and the aliens...

Originally posted by DackerDan View Post
        Front side - back side, who cares. Taking some liberty with the words of Tom Lehrer,
        "Life is like the Sewards, what you get out of them depends on what you put into them"
        I put in on one side and got spit out the other...

Comment

Did you slip and slide on your backside coming down either the backside or frontside? Hopefully you avoided sliding on your front side (ouch) coming down either as well. Though sliding on your side (either side) would be a more comfortable compromise to your sliding on your frontside while coming down either side of the mountain's sides.
          May your ambition for the goal allow you to be a student of the journey.

http://www.mackenziefamily.com/46/46r.html

Comment

Originally posted by mudrat View Post
            Did you slip and slide on your backside coming down either the backside or frontside? Hopefully you avoided sliding on your front side (ouch) coming down either as well. Though sliding on your side (either side) would be a more comfortable compromise to your sliding on your frontside while coming down either side of the mountain's sides.
            Silly slide climbers...

Comment

Silly slide climbers...
              Well, I've been called worse.

Comment

Mudmouse????
                8000m 0/14

Comment

Originally posted by nangaparbat View Post
                  Mudmouse????
                  Well, my wife came up with a variation: DumbBrat.

Comment

Originally posted by nangaparbat View Post
                    Mudmouse????
                    Well, my wife came up with a variation: DumbBrat.
                    Please be careful with the name calling. Wouldn't want another thread locked...

Comment

hardly worth the drive for a lousy 5 hr hike

Comment

Please be careful with the name calling. Wouldn't want another thread locked...
                        I have no good comeback because I can't stop laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine1 View Post
                          hardly worth the drive for a lousy 5 hr hike
                          Damn peakbagging...

I have no good comeback because I can't stop laughing.
                          Please, no laughing in the classroom. People are trying to learn around here...

Comment

A few pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=531c3a3011

Comment

Irresponsible . . . just plain irresponsible. If you had drunk more Gatorade maybe you could have gotten some cramps to report. We expect more of you . . .

And the mileage--you are so modest . . . Really. It is 15.5 miles and 4100 ft ascent.

A real peakbagger would not have gone all the way out there without visiting Seymour's frontside (everyone knows Seymour doesn't have a backside). When are you going to reform?

Comment

Working...
                              X