Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santanonis: Bring your snowshoes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santanonis: Bring your snowshoes!

My sister, her boys, and I were in there today! Yikes, A LOT of snow. No trace of anyone having been there.
    We broke trail to Times Square and on to Couchsachraga (be careful if you try to follow that ! ) You will still need shoes though...The snow is heavy and wet, then crunchy, then bullet proof, then soft and slippery...at least 8-12 inches. I just got home!

My sister will post her usual Fabulous TR but I wanted to give a heads up!
    Think outside...no box required !

Santanoni range

Hey thanks but 8 hours too late for us. I took my son out there today who needed all three peaks to put him at # 45 Therefore there was no turning back. Thank you for breaking out Couch as we did after finding our way to Panther and we very much appreciated it. It was a very rough go to Santanoni finding trail and post-holing.
    Where the hell did all the snow come from? I was out on Marshal, Gray and Skylight last weekend and we hiked the Spine. The Whiteface Weather showed it only snowed 3/4 of an in last this week.

Well thanks for posting but we left our house at 3am 4/14

Comment

Originally posted by paulc View Post
      Hey thanks but 8 hours too late for us. I took my son out there today who needed all three peaks to put him at # 45 Therefore there was no turning back. Thank you for breaking out Couch as we did after finding our way to Panther and we very much appreciated it. It was a very rough go to Santanoni finding trail and post-holing.
      Where the hell did all the snow come from? I was out on Marshal, Gray and Skylight last weekend and we hiked the Spine. The Whiteface Weather showed it only snowed 3/4 of an in last this week.

Well thanks for posting but we left our house at 3am 4/14
      that area keeps snow along while I've been told.....
      ADK 46-R #6750W
      CL-50 - #51
      CATSKILLS- 9/39
      NPT Complete 7-6-13

Hiking photos

Comment

Way to go!
        What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

About? 3 years ago we did Santa in late April - there was still several feet at the summit - and mud below-
          You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

-- Mahatma Gandhi

46W

Comment

Originally posted by hikingcaver View Post
            About? 3 years ago we did Santa in late April - there was still several feet at the summit - and mud below-
            My trip was on a saturday of memorial day, down to 30 at night which was great for morning to summit couchy, on way back it was a postholing mess even with snowshoes, long day for one peak... that was my first learning curve of the high Peaks..
            ADK 46-R #6750W
            CL-50 - #51
            CATSKILLS- 9/39
            NPT Complete 7-6-13

Hiking photos

Comment

Oh man, maybe if I head for the Santas this weekend I'll finally get to use the new snowshoes I bought in the fall...
              Hike Always.
              http://dunbarsm.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
              X