Looking for Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Info

Anyone been out through the South Side trail to JBL since the snow started falling? A buddy and I are considering skiing out there tomorrow.

If anyone has any ideas for some good XC skiing besides Mr. Van and the Cascade Ski Center I'm all ears. He's a very proficient downhill skier but a novice on XC skis and he'll be on edgeless touring skis.
    My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the west.

If you are in for a bit of a drive... Gatineau Park, Quebec. :-)
    Regionally closer... Dewey Moutain in Saranac Lake is small but fun. Upper mountain trails especially.

Comment

• FlyFishingandBeer
      FlyFishingandBeer commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool. I'll toss out the Dewey Mt. idea and see what he wants to do. If it were just me I'd be heading up the Orebed or something fun, but I'm not sure what his limitations are going to be.

http://www.jackrabbittrail.org/conditions

Good info on current conditions around the high peaks.
    ADKHP Wiki

Comment

• FlyFishingandBeer
      Editing a comment
      Excellent site. Thanks for sharing this.

The Connery Pond trail to Whiteface Landing is nice. Rolling hills with a nice view at the end, especially if you venture out on the ice. Continue on toward Whiteface and its fairly gradual all the way to the shelter, beyond that it starts getting pretty steep. Six or 7 miles round trip.

Comment

If you are coming from the south or southwest, check out Breia:
      http://www.breiax-countryski.org
      5 feet of natural snow since Christmas.

Ski for free on one of the largest groomed cross-country systems in the East. Over 50Km of trails in a reliable snow belt between the Adirondacks and the Tug Hill Plateau.
      "Leave the beaten track behind occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do you will be certain to find something you have never seen before." - Alexander Graham Bell

Comment

• Kyler
        Kyler commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are nice trails and worth checking out if you are in the area.

• FlyFishingandBeer
        Editing a comment
        BREIA is nice and definitely much closer to me than Lake Placid. I haven't been there yet this season, but have explored their trails before.
    Working...
    X