Rocky Peak Ridge vs Whiteface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Peak Ridge vs Whiteface

I'm coming up to the Adirondacks tonight from Cleveland and plan on a difficult climb Sunday. While all of weather reports call for rain, some indicate it will be lighter, others heavy (up to a half inch Sunday). Two choices I have are Rocky Peak from New Russia, or Whiteface from Connery Pond. I am aware of the DEC's report, but neither of these two mountains were mentioned (I realize they couldn't list every one). Would either of these two mountains via the direction I would climb be more or less muddy? Obviously every trail will be wet and muddy, but would one of these tend to be less so? I have the experience and proper clothing and equipment to climb either. Especially now, these two trails are certainly much less frequented then the more obvious, popular ones, and will therefore see less negative impact due to wet conditions.
    It's not about winning, but the rivers you cross.

My guess would be Whiteface is the better bet. RPR from New Russia is going to be a mess in the low lying areas. However I've only done whiteface/ester via the AARC

Comment

Thanks for the input. My son is heading into busy season at work, plus next weekend he is in an out of town wedding. Our other friend is flying into Cleveland tonight around midnight and we are driving from the airport straight up to NY. With that we don't have the option of waiting a few weeks.
      It's not about winning, but the rivers you cross.

Comment

Working...
      X