No announcement yet.

FDR adopt Lyon Mtn !!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDR adopt Lyon Mtn !!

Hello all,

I am very excited to announce that FDR (Fous de Rando, french-canadian hiking forum for those who doesn't know) have been accepted in the ADK Mountain Club Stewartship program as Lyon Mountain trail adopters.

Because we hike a lot in the ADK's, it became natural for us to get more involved in land preservation, and ''give back''. Our task will consist in blowdown removal, side-cutting and keeping drainage clear. We will also report any other problems that will be observed on the trail, so please if someone here has something worth sharing please advise me (PM or email).

Our first outing is schedule in May, we are very excited about it and hope hikers will appreciate our work.

-Julie, Alexandre, Eric, Julie, Viviane, Martin, Suzie, Marie-Josée, Maxime and Bruno.

Guinness: Goes in brown, comes out yellow.

Très bien!
      Nature we have always with us, an inexhaustible storehouse of that which moves the heart, appeals to the mind, and fires the imagination - health to the body, a stimulus to the intellect, and a joy to the soul. - John Burroughs

An excellent gesture!
        Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
        Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
        Past President Catskill 3500 Club
        CEO Views And Brews!

Trail maintainer for the Dry Brook Ridge trail from Mill Brook Road to just past the Lean-to

Thank you to all my friends of FDR who are volunteered for the Lyon trail. I will certainly help you.
          Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Les randonnées de Annie et Yvon (Website)

Thanks in advance to all of you for your hard work!!!!
            I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
            -Maya Angelou

Can't wait to saw, shovel, sweat, and get dirty
              'As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not as wide as you think'. From a Native American initiation rite
              'Following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been - Tool
              Lyon Mountain Trail Adopter