Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back country canoe trip vs DSLR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back country canoe trip vs DSLR

Hey everyone, I'm headed back ip to Algonquin Park this summer for another 8 day canoe trek. This is usually a pretty grueling and intense trip with some 14-17 yr old scouts. I have always taken 2 @ disposable waterproof cameras in the past, and surprisingly enough gotten so,e pretty awesome shots, however, I've advanced my own skills a bit and would really love to take my DSLR .

I have been thinking about getting a pelican for my Canon 60D. I currently have a 18-135mm kit lens and will potentially have a 10-20mm lens as well for my trip, as well a few backup batteries. Was looking at the Pelican 1450 which I think would work but I would life to get the smallest case that will adequately protect and keep my gear dry....

Thoughts? Discussion?

I use a Pelican for work, much larger than the size you're looking for though. They are well built, and highly recommended. Mine has gone through a lot of abuse from the airlines and is still going strong.
    Firetowers - 29/29
    46ers - 4/46

Comment

Ended up going with a Pelican 1400 case, used the pick and pluch foam to house my 60D witha 18-135mm lense, then a 10-20mm lens, 3 spare batteries, some filters, remote trigger, and lens caps.

worked out really well, stayed dry the whole time, and easy enough to tote around.

Comment

Working...
      X