Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Da' Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da' Bears

I caught a story on NPR recently about the black bear “situation” in NYS. As most of us are probably aware, bear-human interactions have been increasing over the past couple of years. Its not just hikers in the ADKS and North Country reporting encounters with them, now families in areas all across the Southern Tier are reporting more frequent sightings as well. They’re animals. They do animal things, like going where the food is.

The iSeeMammals organization is asking for people to let them know when and where they see bears. They are studying bear movements with hopes to understand how, where, and why bears are moving in NYS. They have a website and a companion app which they have asked people to use to report any type of encounters with black bears in NYS.

I’m not advocating this on behalf of the organization, but I thought I’d pass the info along for anyone who is interested in “citizen science.”

https://iseemammals.org/
    “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” - Ed Viesturs
Working...
X