Osprey Child Carrier Recall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osprey Child Carrier Recall

Heads up for anyone who has one, there is a recall of Osprey Child Backpack Carriers.
    Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled carriers and contact Osprey for a free Seat Pad Insert for use along with the existing safety straps to secure the child in the carrier. Consumers who previously received and installed the free Seat Pad Insert in their carriers are not required to take further action.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever"
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Catskill 3500 #1824/#729W
    ADK 26/46

Views & Brews NY, VT, RI, DE, NH, NJ, CT, WV, MA
    Taconic Crest End to Ender, CL 50

Also on the same site, if anyone if using LL Bean snowshoes.

https://cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/LL-Bean-Recalls-Snowshoes
    “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” - Ed Viesturs

Comment

• autochromatica
      autochromatica commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty sure that all snowshoes are a fall hazard! They're affectionately called Clown Shoes for a reason. Ha!

• FlyFishingandBeer
      FlyFishingandBeer commented
      Editing a comment
      Right??? I laughed when I saw that.

Sounds like there may be a structural issue with this particular model.

I have previously posted about this line of products, the previous year's model was recalled as well because of faulty buckles, which failed one when I was using a model which was *cleared* for sale.

They sent me this piece of junk as a replacement, and it has terrible flaws beyond what is mentioned in the recall. It is very disappointing. The sunshield doesn't retract well and snags on a stupidly exposed screw in the under carriage / stowage area. A simple plastic cover and a guide for the sunshield would have prevented that issue entirely. The customer service people were very good to me though and have offered me a refund, but w/o a box to send it back in, it is just sitting in my closet, going to call them back up tomorrow and just pay for a box at this point.

If anyone has a suggestion on a child carrier which has worked well for them please give me one, I'm heading to the Catskills this coming weekend and need a replacement pronto.

K

Comment

Working...
    X