Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiking Kilt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiking Kilt

Thinking of getting a hiking kilt. Anyone know of any stores in the Northeast (or Albany area) that carry hiking kilts? Advice based on user experiences?
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever"
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Catskill 3500 #1824/#729W
    ADK 26/46

Views & Brews NY, VT, RI, DE, NH, NJ, CT, WV, MA
    Taconic Crest End to Ender, CL 50

I didn't even know this was a thing until you posted. I don't know of any stores carrying such an item but lots of web sites have them. Mountain Hardware makes one ($75) that shows up on multiple web sites including REI and Amazon. My guess is a good waist measurement is all you'll need for a proper fit.

Comment

I know they make *rain* kilts which seems like a less clammy way of keeping rain out than full-on rain pants. As for hiking kilts, I'm insufficiently informed to understand their appeal ...
      Looking for Views!

Comment

• FlyFishingandBeer
        FlyFishingandBeer commented
        Editing a comment
        I can understand the appeal. In theory, the Crotch Pot wouldn't work very well. http://gossamergear.com/the-crotch-pot.html

• Trail Boss
        Trail Boss commented
        Editing a comment
        If by appeal you mean it affords the opportunity to go commando ... baggy shorts kinda offer the same opportunity ... including the opportunity to accidentally expose dangly parts.

Ticks + kilts + commando = bad day

A friend of mine uses the Mountain Hardwear men's kilt and says it's the most comfortable thing he's ever worn hiking. Not sure if they still make it.
      We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing ~ Satchel Paige

Comment

Ran into a kilt hiker this weekend. On Algonquin I told him 'today is the day to hike in a skirt'. HA! I corrected myself on Wright.
        ADK 46/46W, Grid 223/552
        Photos & Stuff

Comment

Working...
        X