Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo quizz- name the peaks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo quizz- name the peaks.

What is the peak to the right of Snowy? And the peak to the right of that one? I don't know the answer myself but have my suspicions. The picture was taken from Colden and Snowy is 36 miles away to the SW (215 deg T)
    Project Full Deck Blog.
    Make a "Full-Deck" Donation to SAR

Like a lot of people on this quiz, I have no idea, but, how about Brown Pond Mountain in the back, Panther, Blue Ridge?
    I might be kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by CatskillKev View Post
      Like a lot of people on this quiz, I have no idea, but, how about Brown Pond Mountain in the back, Panther, Blue Ridge?
      That's what I was thinking.
      Project Full Deck Blog.

Comment

• CatskillKev
        CatskillKev commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! Thanks for the quiz.

Spoiler alert -- here is the answer.

More importantly, it looks like Neil held his camera about 2.25 degrees titled. Also, caltopo does a pretty bang-up job, eh?

http://blog.seancarpenter.us/wp-cont...-wireframe.jpg
      ADK 46/46, 46/46W, Grid 214/552
      Photos & Stuff

Comment

I was just going to say that, after looking at Acme, which I couldn't bring up before, that I was going to change my answer. Mostly to what you show Sean. I noticed that Brown Pond was probably to the right. I did think that Pillsbury is just to the right of Snowy, along with Lewey. There are 2 Blue Ridges in the area. But I originally was looking at the one out of the picture, right of Brown Pond. Caltopo is kind of cheating though.
        I might be kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by autochromatica View Post
          Spoiler alert -- here is the answer.

More importantly, it looks like Neil held his camera about 2.25 degrees titled. Also, caltopo does a pretty bang-up job, eh?

http://blog.seancarpenter.us/wp-cont...-wireframe.jpg
          Wow! Looks like you nailed it. Nailed it beyond anything I would have come up with.
          Project Full Deck Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post

Wow! Looks like you nailed it. Nailed it beyond anything I would have come up with.
            Like Kev said, it was like cheating. Since I knew where you were when you took the picture it was just a matter of zooming.
            ADK 46/46, 46/46W, Grid 214/552
            Photos & Stuff

Comment

Working...
            X