Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo quizz- name the peaks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo quizz- name the peaks.

What is the peak to the right of Snowy? And the peak to the right of that one? I don't know the answer myself but have my suspicions. The picture was taken from Colden and Snowy is 36 miles away to the SW (215 deg T)

Like a lot of people on this quiz, I have no idea, but, how about Brown Pond Mountain in the back, Panther, Blue Ridge?
    I might be kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by CatskillKev View Post
      Like a lot of people on this quiz, I have no idea, but, how about Brown Pond Mountain in the back, Panther, Blue Ridge?
      That's what I was thinking.

Comment

• CatskillKev
        CatskillKev commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! Thanks for the quiz.

Spoiler alert -- here is the answer.

More importantly, it looks like Neil held his camera about 2.25 degrees titled. Also, caltopo does a pretty bang-up job, eh?

http://blog.seancarpenter.us/wp-cont...-wireframe.jpg
      ADK 46/46W, Grid 226/552
      Photos & Stuff

Comment

I was just going to say that, after looking at Acme, which I couldn't bring up before, that I was going to change my answer. Mostly to what you show Sean. I noticed that Brown Pond was probably to the right. I did think that Pillsbury is just to the right of Snowy, along with Lewey. There are 2 Blue Ridges in the area. But I originally was looking at the one out of the picture, right of Brown Pond. Caltopo is kind of cheating though.
        I might be kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by autochromatica View Post
          Spoiler alert -- here is the answer.

More importantly, it looks like Neil held his camera about 2.25 degrees titled. Also, caltopo does a pretty bang-up job, eh?

http://blog.seancarpenter.us/wp-cont...-wireframe.jpg
          Wow! Looks like you nailed it. Nailed it beyond anything I would have come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post

Wow! Looks like you nailed it. Nailed it beyond anything I would have come up with.
            Like Kev said, it was like cheating. Since I knew where you were when you took the picture it was just a matter of zooming.
            ADK 46/46W, Grid 226/552
            Photos & Stuff

Comment

Working...
            X