Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADKHighpeaks patch - UPDATE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADKHighpeaks patch - UPDATE

Here is an update with where we are at. First, a reminder of what we are talking about;
    As of today, we have received orders and money for 31 patches (from 9 different people). We have received a final quote and we will need to sell 30 more to not to lose money on the deal. Any orders beyond that will go to support the continued operation of this site (we want to keep it "advertising free").

We are leaving on an extended vacation next Saturday (8/12) and would like very much to have them ordered by then (to get them out by 9/1). We will not order them if we think we we lose money, which would be a shame. 27 people indicate by poll that they would order some, and 5 other said they might to support the site. I will not beg, but I ask that if you really would like a patch, please go to -THIS THREAD- and download the order form and get it in the next week so we can get these puppies ordered and on our packs.

If you need any additional motivation, I will only add that Kevin (STOOPID) -WARNED US- that this would be a losing effort, and I said "nooooo, the ADKhighpeaks family is different". Are you really gonna force me into a situation where I have to admit he is right?

If we do not order them, I will return the checks (uncashed) to those that sent them upon my return from British Columbia (about 8/22).

Come on folks, its a good effort and they ARE beautiful patches. Remember, Anyone can order them, member and non-members alike.

Thanks for your support
    Last edited by Mavs00; 06-10-2007, 07:15 AM.
    "The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

just dropped my order of 4 in the mailbox this morning.
    Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Will Rogers

Comment

Just opened up the order form so mine will be on the way tomorrow.
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
      It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I will drop mine tomorrow as soon as cross the border, find stamps and a mailbox.

Comment

I am purchasing 2 and my check is in the mail
          OUTDOOR SHOTS

More hiking Pictures

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 46/46 ADK
          Easy Cheese and Cheez Whiz 46/46 winter

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 20/35 CATS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

OK, we procrastinated! We thought of procrastinating even further, but decided to put that idea off for another time. Check for 4 patches will be in the mail tomorrow.

Dick
            "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while care will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir

Comment

Can I said cash (US of course) instead of a check? Much simpler from this side of that imaginary line.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil
                Can I said cash (US of course) instead of a check? Much simpler from this side of that imaginary line.
                Hey Neil on a Canadian check you can just write "US FUNDS" on it and the bank will convert it when it's cashed. I've done it before when mailing dues for the 46ers among other things and haven't had any issues.

-Shayne

Comment

Originally posted by spaddock
                  Hey Neil on a Canadian check you can just write "US FUNDS" on it and the bank will convert it when it's cashed. I've done it before when mailing dues for the 46ers among other things and haven't had any issues.

-Shayne
                  That's what I always used to do until someone said not all banks would accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil
                    Cash is always good, but not that funny looking stuff you use up there.
                    "The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb

Comment

My form for 2 is going out in the afternoon mail!

Comment

tonight..

I'll send an order for 4 patches in tonight. L

Comment

Mea culpa, mea culpa! I plead excessive use of the "New Posts" link. Several times I wondered why I never saw any information on how to order the patches. Some how I missed Katie's thread when it first got posted, and it must have appeared in my new posts list at the time. Once it timed out for my userid, and being a locked thread - it never reappeared on my screen. Thanks for the reminder. My fault of course.

The check will be in the mail (really) tomorrow for 2 patches.
                          “Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.” Henry Ford
                          My Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/CatskillHiker

Comment

yep, another procrastinator chiming in. The form has been travelling back and forth to work in my laptop bag for a week - I promise to pull it out tonight and send it in tommorrow (assuming I don't forget, of course )

- and if you don't end up with enough orders to break even - consider my check a donation to the up keep of this site!
                            EULA: By reading this post and associated disclaimer, you are consenting to agree with the opinions disclosed within. If you disagree with this license agreement, you may not return it for a refund.

Comment

I've had the form filled out for a week, on my desk at work.
                              I see it everyday,,,,,I have not acted yet.
                              Procrastinate? Me?
                              Maybe tomorrow.....
                              Walk Softly

Comment

Working...
                              X