Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to this Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard!
    молоко хорошо, ну а водка ещё лучше.

Comment

Originally posted by ADK French Louie View Post
      Yep, that was me in the Saratoga shirt. You are way too good with a camera. As you said it was a little crazy there that night but I still wish that I had a chance to meet you. It was nice to finally meet Mudrat. Being able to pick one person out of that crowd you should be working for Homeland security.
      Yeah, it was crazy... I didn't get to mix and mingle like I'd hoped too either.

Homeland Security... interesting observation..... "That's all I have to say about that." F.G.
      “Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.”
      -John Muir

ADK 46-R 7090W
      Saranac Lake 6er (3x) 11U, UW
      Catskill 3500 2265; 921W

Comment

Welcome Louie!
        Nothing like being in the woods.

http://www.gerardsadirondackpics.shutterfly.com

Comment

Mountainmaijin and Gerard01, thanks for the welcome.
          46-R (W) - By Da Holy Feesh

Comment

It's about time you joined the best ADK hiking forum around!! Pleasure meeting and hiking with you this winter!! Ended up being my only hike of the winter.
            Shut your eyes and think of somewhere
            Somewhere cold and caked in snow.......

Comment

Hey Andy, you are right on this forum being the best and nice to be here. I am looking forward to a reclimb of Marcy, Skylight and Gray with you next winter but hopefully not on another minus 20 day. I plan on also going with Adam as often as possible as he only needs fourteen for his W.

Comment

Yup, I too hope on being with Adam on the peaks we both have left together! Looking forward to it!
                Shut your eyes and think of somewhere
                Somewhere cold and caked in snow.......

Comment

Welcome Louie!
                  And why French Louie? Do you speak french.
                  Yvon,
                  Montreal, Quebec, Canada

--------------------------------
                  Les randonnées de Annie et Yvon (Website)

Comment

Yvon - Thanks for the welcome

French Louie was an Adirondack Hermit who lived and became famous in the West Canada Lakes area of the Western Adirondacks. He is an inspiration to me ( and to many others ) so I just borrowed his name for the forum.

I do not speak French but wish that I did. My family came down to the Saratoga area one hundred and seventy seven years ago from Quebec and my 12th great grandparents were Louis Hebert and Marie Rollet, so I guess I should know how to speak French. I enjoy talking to hikers from Quebec when ever I meet them along the trails, but thankfully they were able to speak English.

Comment

Working...
                    X