Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kicked out while composing a post

Hi, Folks;

has anyone else been logged off automatically even when they are composing a trail report? I have been kicked off several times; my way of dealing with this is to copy and paste the entire post and then save to clipboard or e-mail that post to myself, rather than rely on the auto recover feature that V Bulletin uses. I end up having to re-write what couple of paragraphs are missing from the post if I use that method.

If you see my post on Franconia, you will see it was written by "Guest" ha ha. It logged me out, and then I just forgot to edit the word "guest" out of the final draft.

Will there be an upgrade to the forums anytime soon? 10k max for a picture is like from the year 1996. Now, 1 MB in most circles would be acceptable.

Well, we can all hope for new things, can't we?

Happens to me all the time if my post takes more than a couple of minutes. I just type everything in Word and then copy/past it over. It causes some formatting issues but its better than being logged out mid-post and losing what I've typed.
    “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” - Ed Viesturs

Comment

I use a method similar to Kestral, but simpler: Periodically I select my entire post and copy it using ctlC (I don't paste it anywhere yet). If I get kicked out, I just start a new post and enter ctlV (paste) and it magically appears!
      Mike

ADK 46r #8003; 6W
      2nd round: 16
      SL6r #596
      Catskill 3500 21/39; 11W

Comment

When you log in are you selecting "Remember Me"?
        If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Working...
        X