Someone has been trying to sign in under my name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone has been trying to sign in under my name

I received an email from High Peaks Forum informing me that someone had made five unsuccessful attempts to sign in under my handle, and was locked out for 15 minutes.

It wasn’t I who made those attempts.

The IP address of the person who did, 46.118.123.80, is associated with a spammer, according to Google.

Looks like a spammer or bot from the Ukraine. Not sure what can be done at this point but will ask Kyler check into it for you.
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Comment

The board I run has a 'ban by ip range' feature. Probably could ban all of Europe without any legit users noticing!
      Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
      Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
      Past President Catskill 3500 Club
      CEO Views And Brews!

Trail maintainer for the Dry Brook Ridge trail from Mill Brook Road to just past the Lean-to

Comment

Same here... precisely the IP which Raymond reported with the same notification from the ADK service.

Comment

Actually I am pretty sure we do utilize that function so basically if you are trying to sign up with a ip or email other than the U.S. or Canada you are pretty much out of luck, that is why I thought it odd the OP had the problem.
          "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
          Ed Viesturs

Comment

Originally posted by TFR View Post
            The board I run has a 'ban by ip range' feature. Probably could ban all of Europe without any legit users noticing!
            Should Canada and all US states except NY be also banned?

Comment

Originally posted by ADKJack View Post
              Actually I am pretty sure we do utilize that function so basically if you are trying to sign up with a ip or email other than the U.S. or Canada you are pretty much out of luck, that is why I thought it odd the OP had the problem.
              We do a country check when a user tries to register, but anyone can read the forum as a guest, or in this case try to login.

I'll ban the IP listed above, so that they can't continue to try to access accounts.
              ADKHP Wiki

Comment

Working...
              X