Forum Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Status

We have been working through some issues with our web hosting company, and are hoping that we are back up for good now. We've had some email issues and as a result, we've had to remove the "Email this page"* functionality. There may be other email functionality impacted by this change which I am unaware of.

* Email this page is a link under Thread Tools, which allowed you to email a friend a link/copy of the thread.
    Last edited by Kyler; 01-07-2015, 08:39 AM.
    ADKHP Wiki

Thank you Kyler. By your post time it looks like you were working on resolving the issue sometime between 2 and 3 in the morning.
    Project-100: 100 peaks, one winter. https://project100singlewinter.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
      Thank you Kyler. By your post time it looks like you were working on resolving the issue sometime between 2 and 3 in the morning.
      I was, but I wasn't up all night. I was waiting on the hosting company and went to sleep at a normal time. I happened to wake up between 2 and 3, so I did the rest on our end then.
      ADKHP Wiki

Comment

Update: email notifications for PMs and thread subscriptions are working.
        ADKHP Wiki

Comment

I was amused to read that your ISP depends on 100% wind power to run the site. Did the wind stop blowing somewhere?
          Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
          Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
          Past President Catskill 3500 Club
          CEO Views And Brews!

Trail maintainer for the Dry Brook Ridge trail from Mill Brook Road to just past the Lean-to

Comment

Originally posted by TFR View Post
            I was amused to read that your ISP depends on 100% wind power to run the site. Did the wind stop blowing somewhere?
            Don Quixote won this round
            ADKHP Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by TFR View Post
              100% wind power. Now that's a good one. But I suppose what it really means is that 100% of the (higher) rate paid goes to the wind power company, even though all the lulls in the wind-based production need to be covered by gas turbines. Pay for wind, get gas.
              Scooting here and there
              Through the woods and up the peaks
              Random Scoots awaits (DP)

Eat, sleep, hike, repeat.

It doesn't have to be viewtiful to be beautiful. (NL)

"Pushing the limits of easy."

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler View Post
                Don Quixote won this round
                "Victory awaits him who has everything in order luck, people call it. Defeat is certain for him who has neglected to take the necessary precautions in time; this is called bad luck." -Roald Amundsen

ADK 46- 35/46

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was the North Koreans.

Comment

Forum Status

Originally posted by Waynald View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it was the North Koreans.

If you get any suspicious packages in the mail, don't open them.

Comment

I have no problem accessing the site at work using Firefox, but on my home computer using Chrome I keep getting the "website is temporarily unavailable" page. Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas why? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Teleskier View Post
                        I have no problem accessing the site at work using Firefox, but on my home computer using Chrome I keep getting the "website is temporarily unavailable" page. Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas why? Thanks!
                        did you clear your browser cache/history?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsmileyns View Post
                          Ooohhh... forgot that! Thanks, I'll do it when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsmileyns View Post
                            You don't necessarily need to clear your entire history. When you see the "website is temporarily unavailable", usually refreshing the page will get the site back. Sometimes you'll need to hold the Shift key while clicking the browser's refresh button.

You may also see the clear the message on the main page and then click a link and get the message on a subsequent page, in which case the subsequent page needs to be refreshed as well.
                            ADKHP Wiki

Comment

Working...
                            X