Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your collaboration is requested.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    The best noob questions that show they have done at least a little research and have some degree of specificity. The answer can then be focused to the question, even if there are varying degrees of answers from experienced members. Those can be fun to answer and often lead to interesting diversions that are good for all.

    But a noob (or anyone else) who insists on contradicting either well accepted practice and advice, or worse those who keep coming back to twist the question for ways to circumvent regulations and official policy, well my patience runs out pretty quickly with those. We've had more than a few of those on the forums over the years.
    "Leave the beaten track behind occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do you will be certain to find something you have never seen before." - Alexander Graham Bell

    Comment


    • #32
      Found this site a couple of weeks ago while researching a hike of Whiteface/Esther that my daughter and I were planning.

      Family and I have been camping in ADKs for years (Massawepie, Cranberry Lake and most recently Rollins Pond). Hiked Ampersand 2 years ago and last year did Cascade/Porter and daughter and I did Giant last year in Oct. but didn't have gas left to do RPR (long story).

      She and I have been bitten but too many scheduling conflicts almost wasted the summer/fall hiking season. Did manage to do the Whiteface/Esther hike on Oct. 7th this year and just rekindled the fire. Already planning for next year, don't have equipment for winter hiking yet and too much respect for conditions etc. Maybe someday?

      So now to topic, Didn't find this site intimidating for a newbie at all. Have enjoyed the information and tips found and LMAO at the banter back and forth between the established members.

      Will definitely use this site for future endeavors and hope to cross paths with many of you soon.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by vershaggy View Post
        So now to topic, Didn't find this site intimidating for a newbie at all. Have enjoyed the information and tips found and LMAO at the banter back and forth between the established members.
        So, there is still some hope.

        [/Banter]
        1111111111

        Comment


        • #34
          OK, I get it, maybe banter not the right description.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by vershaggy View Post
            OK, I get it, maybe banter not the right description.
            No,no. Banter = right description.

            And, thanks for taking the time to post.
            1111111111

            Comment


            • #36
              I would not be a 46r were it not for the advice, suggestions and hiking partners I found on this forum. I've been slapped a couple of times for posts on here but I have also taken some pretty good (pronounced "bad") falls on the trails. I think its all part of the experience. I have never experienced any mean spiritedness and I think that is the line we should all be careful not to cross.

              Now what's all this love for Adam about? That guy will post pictures of you cautiously crossing a very swollen John's Brook or falling into a spruce trap chin deep. Then again, he'll stay with you as you struggle to get back to the car after a winter ascent of Allen. I think similar comments could be posted about most of the members here. Talking or posting about hiking can be and should be fun, just like actually hiking. My thanks to the Mods who have kept this board fun.
              "Where I'm goin', I don't know
              But I'll be headed out in sun, rain, hail or snow"
              -The Saw Doctors

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by RockON View Post
                I would not be a 46r were it not for the advice, suggestions and hiking partners I found on this forum. I've been slapped a couple of times for posts on here but I have also taken some pretty good (pronounced "bad") falls on the trails. I think its all part of the experience. I have never experienced any mean spiritedness and I think that is the line we should all be careful not to cross.

                Now what's all this love for Adam about? That guy will post pictures of you cautiously crossing a very swollen John's Brook or falling into a spruce trap chin deep. Then again, he'll stay with you as you struggle to get back to the car after a winter ascent of Allen. I think similar comments could be posted about most of the members here. Talking or posting about hiking can be and should be fun, just like actually hiking. My thanks to the Mods who have kept this board fun.
                We love you too Bobby!!!!! I know the Allen trip brought up a lot of discussion but to be honest that had to be one of the best trips ever. Made great friends with Barkeater his nephew Andy, Ike, Dean G. and met Rock On for the first time. Still great friends today. Also, met many others out that day. All I can think about now is this winter and hopefully I finish and dont get hurt like last year!
                OUTDOOR SHOTS

                More hiking Pictures

                EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 46/46 ADK
                Easy Cheese and Cheez Whiz 46/46 winter

                EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 20/35 CATS

                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

                Comment


                • #38
                  Cheez Whiz.
                  Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by 1ADAM12 View Post
                    We love you too Bobby!!!!! I know the Allen trip brought up a lot of discussion but to be honest that had to be one of the best trips ever. Made great friends with Barkeater his nephew Andy, Ike, Dean G. and met Rock On for the first time. Still great friends today. Also, met many others out that day. All I can think about now is this winter and hopefully I finish and dont get hurt like last year!
                    hoping you get great trips this yr too man!!!
                    ADK 46-R #6750W
                    CL-50 - #51
                    CATSKILLS- 9/39
                    NPT Complete 7-6-13

                    Hiking photos

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X