Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Side Climb: Bennies or Great Slide on Grace?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Side Climb: Bennies or Great Slide on Grace?

What would you recommend for a first slide climb? We have moderate hiking experience and are comfortable with steeper, slabby sections of trail, moderate exposure, and hikes up to 15 mi with 4000' ascent. Is there much difference between these two? All things being the same, I'd prefer to climb Grace, as we just hiked into JBV yesterday.
    "...he went because he felt the call of the wilderness, a call ever irresistible to him in whose veins flows the blood of the explorer." Warren W. Hart

I vote for Bennies. A much better slide IMO. Grace is getting quite grown in, is shorter and takes longer to get to. I consider Grace to have better views though.
    Project Full Deck Blog.
    Make a "Full-Deck" Donation to SAR

Comment

Neil - thanks for the feedback. We are going to give it a try tomorrow. We got a lot of good beta from TRs by Mudratvp and others.
      "...he went because he felt the call of the wilderness, a call ever irresistible to him in whose veins flows the blood of the explorer." Warren W. Hart

Comment

After you've ascended Lower Wolf Jaw via Bennies Brook Slide, you may never want to use the trails again! Let us know how it goes. Good luck and have fun!

Looking for Views!

Comment

Just saw your post as we bask in the afterglow of our hike at Lisa Gs. I'll post our trip report tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X