Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slide Mosaic Collection

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Mosaic Collection

Adirondack Slide Mosaics

First, thank you to all who have given me their opinions and support via comments and private messages over the years! They've helped me develop a format for many of the trip reports, especially over the last few years. In short I fell into a “header info.-mosaic-body text/supporting photo” format. A key part ended up being the mosaic with insets which served both as a bit of eye-candy and souvenir for myself and partner(s).

A few months ago I got curious and looked through my photo albums to see how many slide or climbing mosaics I’d created and found that while there were quite a few, I didn’t have one for each slide or slide set (like the Dix Finger Slides)...something that’s now become a goal especially since I have an aerial photo for each! Clicking the link at the top of the page will lead to around 70 mosaics (as of 1/20/15) which should grow to nearly 100 over the coming months.

There are also a few technical climbing routes, but they’re limited to Chapel Pond Slab, Wallface and first ascent stuff in Panther Gorge.

Each photo is high-resolution, downloadable and public. Don’t take each inset and location arrow as gospel or the perfect guide--that's not the purpose. They’re accurate most of the time, but mistakes happen. Rather, take each as a good representation of some interesting areas along the route.

The default is thumbnail view, but they can be displayed by name. To keep them in order, each file name generally lists the mountain_aspect of slide_slide name.

Enjoy, be safe and God Bless.
    May your ambition for the goal allow you to be a student of the journey.

www.adirondackmountaineering.com

Hah without the mosaic at the end of the day, I would stop climbing all together......
    8000m 0/14

Comment

Thanks for posting that mudrat. Some definite eye candy there!

Comment

NP's most common saying after a climb, "Can't wait to see the mosaic..."
        May your ambition for the goal allow you to be a student of the journey.

www.adirondackmountaineering.com

Comment

I am always amazed by the way you present your trips. The big view with details.
          What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
          X